NIGHT TRAIN GALA on April 29 to replace Staxtacular as Soulsville Foundation’s largest fundraiser of the year
A Celebration of the Stax Museum’s 20th Anniversary
To purchase tickets to Night Train, please click HERE.
Fashioned to replace our annual Staxtacular event that raised over $1 million over 10 years, the inaugural Night Train gala, to be held April 29, 2023 in celebration of the Stax Museum of American Soul Music’s 20th Anniversary, is now the Soulsville Foundation’s largest fundraiser of the year.
It’s a lavish party reminiscent of the days when the main means of travel was by rail and Pullman Porters traveled with Black Americans from coast to coast. A celebration of African American music and culture, it will feature the Stax Museum filled with live music, a silent auction, fantastic cuisine, cocktails, dancing, DJs, and more, all in our newly renovated lobby, gift shop, and mid-century modern lounge, as well as Studio A, Isaac Hayes’ gold-trimmed Cadillac exhibit, and other spaces.
- WHAT: Night Train Fundraising Gala
- WHEN: Saturday, April 29, 7 pm-Midnight
- WHERE: Stax Museum of American Soul Music, 926 E. McLemore Ave, Memphis, TN 38106
- HOW MUCH: $200 Per Person
“We are going to have as many Stax artists as possible at this gala,” said Soulsville President & CEO Pat Mitchell Worley, “because without them and their contributions to the music world, the Soulsville Foundation wouldn’t exist. We wouldn’t have been able to educate and mentor the thousands of young people we have. This is going to be an epic party to show off our new renovations, exhibit upgrades, and much more.”
Your trip through the Stax Museum will include but won’t be limited to:
- FIFE & DRUM Dine on authentic Delta Tamales with all the accoutrements as you listen to Sharde Thomas, Othar Turner’s granddaughter, who is keeping alive the tradition of blues fife & drum music.
- ALL THAT JAZZ Be transported back to the Roaring 20s when Jazz ruled the world. Great food, great music, great fun. Artist TBD
- SWEET SOUL MUSIC: Get on up and get on down to the sounds of Stax and other Memphis Sound specialties by 926, the Stax Music Academy Alumni Band, one of the most sought-after groups in Memphis and beyond.
- STREET CORNER HARMONIES: Harken back to the days when doo wop and girl groups sang on the street corners of every city. Hear our doo wop group the Street Corner Harmonies sing a cappella tunes in front of Isaac Hayes’ gold-plated, fur-lined, Peacock Blue 1972 Cadillac Eldorado.
- BATTLE OF THE DJs: Take a break from the evening in our new Mid-Century Modern Lounge….or dance the night away to our DJ Battle in our newly renovated lobby and gift shop.
For more information about sponsorships and other details please contact Candace Lester, 901-261-6336 or email@example.com.